Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Parenting Goals for 2014

In my previous post, I didn’t talk about my parenting goals. So today’s post is all about that.

Well, kids develop amazingly in so many ways. And, as a parent, my goal is to facilitate my daughter’s development and provide her the opportunity to bloom.

I have one goal that focuses on me as a parent; that’s reading and learning about positive parenting. The other goals are milestones for Salma in four categories:

Religious
- Know and love God.
- Learn basic concepts of Islam.

Social and Emotional
- Become more independent.
- Become responsible and help with simple chores at home.
- Listen to instructions and work with others through joining a group class (e.g. swimming, dancing….etc).

Cognitive
- Engage in more pretend play.
- Learn about language, math, science….etc.
- Join preschool in Fall 2014.

Physical
- Use the potty.
- Improve gross motor skills:
  • Climbing the stairs alternating feet.
  • Throwing and catching ball.
  • Riding a bicycle with training wheels.
- Improve fine motor skills:
  • Buttoning, zipping and cutting.
  • Drawing basic shapes, tracing and writing.

Last but not least, the ultimate goal is to have fun while doing that, and create wonderful memories as a family. I pray for a great year for my family, and yours too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment